In many small towns in Southern Italy, it is customary to make bread once or twice a week. Nonna (Grandma)…Maletto, Italy
Sicilian Treasures: Centenary Vineyards & Olive Orchards
Maletto, ItalyCall For Price Full Day
Nowhere is the passion for raising olives and grapes more prominent and truer to tradition than in the South of Italy. Sicilian wines and olive oils are incredible creations characterized by an ancient oleo and enological history going back to the time when the island was part of Magna Grecia. Red wines in Sicily are the finest and most renowned. They are very dark, rich and fruit-forward due to the warm climate and the minerals of the warm volcanic soil.
During this Experience our Local will give you an opportunity to sample a variety of Mediterranean produce and dishes typical of the Sicilian culture within a landscape of Greco-Roman and Arab influence. Together you will visit the vineyards and wineries of a couple of local family friends. You’ll get to taste and learn about a variety of their wines and olive oil. At one in particular, you will enjoy a typical lunch in an old winery and have the opportunity to eat some amazing local food and drink more vino! Finally, you will make a last stop at a centenary vineyard, one of the most ancient of Sicily.
- A full day with local Sicilian residents to learn about them, their culture and life in Sicily all with a perfect view of Mt. Etna
- A lesson on growing and harvesting grapes and olives and how wine and olive oil are made; including an opportunity to taste a number of their delicious end products
- Visit some vineyards and wineries
- A traditional Sicilian lunch at an old family winery with your locals featuring the local products you have just learned so much about.
- A stop at a centenary vineyard
Duration: 7-8 hours
Availability: Year round
Difficulty level: Easy
Meals: Any meals & refreshments on your own
Transportation: Your own car or rental – Additional if needed
Requirements: Walking in the countryside, we need to know of any food allergies or intolerances, for alcohol consumption guests must be 21 or over
Equipment Recommended: Comfortable footwear
Max # of people allowed: 8
This Experience will vary according to the season. During fall and spring, you will walk in the woods surrounding Mt.…Maletto, Italy
The grape harvest in the South of Italy takes place between the end of August through September, depending on the weather…Maletto, Italy