For the most creative, active, and overall perfect way to see the city, hop on an electric bike and weave…Lisbon, Portugal
The Glittering Castles and Landscapes of Sintra
Lisbon, PortugalCall For Price Full Day
This journey will start in the morning in Lisbon where you will meet our Local and make your way to Sintra, just an hour’s drive through scenic back roads and through lush green forest. It’s a fairytale-like landscape and a real treat for your eyes (stop anytime you like to snap a picture). Once you arrive you’ll get to walk around to get a feel for the life of the Sintra Village, its people, its history, and see some of the landmarks all through the eyes of a Local who is passionate about this magical place.
You will then pay a visit to a Moorish castle and afterward, you’ll make your way up the mountain to visit the Pena Palace. As you climb, our Local will stop at the best panoramic viewpoints for you to admire the panorama, breathe in the ocean air and snap a photo, or simply take in the quiet, dramatic beauty surrounding you.
Upon finishing your palace visit, you will make your way back to Sintra Village where you’ll get to savor a Portuguese meal in a private house with a tasting of Port Wine. After the meal, you will continue your journey with a stop at Monserrate Palace and Gardens to behold award-winning gardens and a 16th Century Capuchos Convent. Next you’ll visit Roca Cape, the westernmost point of mainland Europe, and then it’s back to Lisbon via a scenic route near the ocean and beaches.
- A local who will guide you to and around Sintra Village while pointing out important features and photo opportunities during a relaxed, enjoyable day (transportation can be provided for an additional fee)
- All castle and palace admission fees will be prepaid expediting your touring experience. The avoidance of lines adds to your positive experience.
- Experienced personable Local able to address your needs
- Visits to selected shops and cafes
- A Port wine tasting
- Local authentic Portuguese dining experience, not to be missed.
- Visit Monserrate Palace and Gardens
- Scenic ride along the ocean and beaches back to Lisbon
Duration: 8 hours
Availability: Year round
Difficulty level: Easy
Transportation: Car rental suggested, or local transportation available upon request for additional fee
Meals: Lunch included, additional Food and beverages on your own
Requirements: Walking, Any entrance tickets on you own, Food Allergies or intolerances
Equipment Needed: Comfortable walking or hiking shoes
Max # of people allowed: 8