The Fruit Loop in Hood River
The Fruit Loop in Hood River
Portland, OregonCall For Price Full Day
Hood River is among Portlanders’ top local weekend getaway destinations and we believe strongly that it should be yours as well if you are visiting our backyard!
A one-hour drive through the scenic Columbia River Gorge takes you to Hood River ― a river town renowned for having some of the best windsurfing, kayaking, mountain biking, skiing, and hiking in the United States. It is also the agricultural center of the Pacific Northwest, home to numerous apple, pear and cherry orchards, as well as many wineries.
On the way there, our Local will make a stop at Multnomah Falls for a view of Oregon’s tallest waterfall. Then you’ll continue over to historic downtown Hood River for a stroll down Main Street to do some shopping, people-watching and find a good place for lunch. Afterward, you’ll take a drive around the “Fruit Loop” to visit a few farms, wineries and/or stands along the scenic 35-mile route through the valley. At some point, you’ll find the perfect setting for enjoying an al fresco picnic with a good bottle of wine. While the availability of fruit depends on the season, this destination is guaranteed to delight you no matter what time of the year you come visit. Of course, if it is picking season, we strongly encourage it!
This Experience will give you an authentic look at how the locals, especially from Portland, Vancouver and Salem, like to eat their fruit and support local farmers. There’s simply no better way to taste local wine, amazing jams and preserves, and delicious fresh-picked, seasonal fruit all from within the breathtaking backdrop of Mt. Hood.
- A day with a local helping you navigate to one of the most beautiful and unique geographical areas of not only Oregon but of the United States
- You will see beautiful Multnomah Falls, one of the most visited sites in our state and the incomparable Columbia River Gorge; a breathtaking sight. If you’re lucky you’ll see hundreds of wind surfers taking advantage of the world class environment
- You will experience historic Hood River where you will be directed to an excellent place to purchase lunch
- Your local will accompany you on “the fruit loop” where you will experience the freshest of the fresh and lots of opportunities to sample, pick and purchase if you are so inclined.
- A small picnic break will be provided in mid to late afternoon.
Duration: 8 hours in the afternoon or evening
Difficulty level: Walking/hiking
Transportation: Your own car or rental – (able to provide transportation on request)
Meals: A small picnic break will be provided with some wine. Additional meals & refreshments will be on your own
Requirements: For alcohol consumption guests must be 21 or over
Availability:Year Round – Best months for bountiful produce June to October.
Max # of people allowed: 8
Portland’s “Beervana” Microbrew Scene
Portland is one of the beer capitals of the world and now has more breweries than any other city earning…Portland, Oregon