Discover the Charming Hill Town of Penne
Penne, ItalyCall For Price Full Day
A charming, ancient town dating as far back as 300 BCE, Penne is small but impressive with many churches and charming narrow streets you can get lost in. Our Local will be honored to show you around, walking with you through the historical center, visiting local small shops and introducing you to local friends.
Incidentally, the famous pasta known as “penne” has nothing to do with the town, but Penne the town does boast some remarkable culinary traditions. In fact, to let you savor a huge spread of delicious regional products, our Local will take you to Tenuta Demelis in the countryside just outside Penne where you will be treated royally. The “king” of the region awaits you here ― “Montepulciano d’Abruzzo,” a red wine that is among the most well known in all of Italy.
You will visit a vineyard a vineyard and wine cellar to learn the wine producing process from grape harvest to production and storage, along with a tasting of local products, paying special attention to wines, olive oils, and cheese. From there we will provide an introduction into the olive oil producing process. Take a stroll through the olive grove and get a taste of this region’s local olive oil.
A pick-up and drop-off from the nearby town of Pescara can be arranged, if desired.
- Transportation to and from Pescara
- For a full day, our Local will provide you with an intimate view into the life and history of quaint Penne, including introductions to local acquaintances
- Stroll with our Local through Penne’s old town center
- Tasting of local products, paying special attention to wines, olive oils, and cheese
- Visit a vineyard and wine cellar to learn the wine producing process from grape harvest to production and storage
- Tour an olive grove and taste the region’s local olive oil, with insight into the process
- Visit various local workshops and museums
- All meals, snacks, and beverages
Duration: 8 hours
Availability: Year round
Difficulty level: Easy
Meals: All meals and refreshments included
Transportation: Pick-up and drop-off included (from Pescara)
Requirements: Walking, can accommodate any food allergies or intolerances you have. For alcohol consumption guests must be 21 or over
Equipment Recommended: Comfortable footwear
Max # of people allowed: 8