This afternoon walking experience with our Local will start in Central Station. Avoiding the crowds as much as possible, our…Amsterdam, Netherlands
Off-the-Beaten-Path with a Local in Amsterdam
Amsterdam, NetherlandsCall For Price 1/2 Day
Starting from Central Station, you will walk with our Local through the streets of the Old City and the Canal District to appreciate the history and contrasts of one of Europe’s most prolific cities over the centuries. Our Local will show you the city from his perspective and guide you through streets less commonly used by most tourists.
After visiting the Old City it will be time for something very interesting and exclusive: a unique tour of the 17th century rich and colorful art collection of a local private family.* The collection is the result of several marriages and legacies over the generations most notably from Margaret Tulp, daughter of Dr. Nicolaes Tulp, who was the subject of Rembrandt’s famous “Anatomy Lesson.”
After your senses have been stimulated by art it will be time to dig into some tasty local food. Our Local will accompany you for lunch at a real “brown café” (a traditional Dutch pub) so that he can share more of his personal stories and info about Amsterdam with you. After lunch you will enjoy a walk and lots of people watching along the Canal District and will stop at a local café where you can taste a traditional drink of Holland, or a beer. At the close of this Experience, our Local will leave you with the option of climbing on your own up to the Oude Kerk (Old Church) to enjoy a stunning view of the city (the tour ticket is not included in the price).
*This part of the Experience may not be available due to the schedule and circumstances of the family, we make no guarantee and encourage booking this in advance.
- 5 hours with a knowledgeable local who will guide you along a lesser used path through the “Old District” of Amsterdam
- Your local will accompany you on a tour of a private art collection (depending on availability) featuring the art of Rembrandt
- You will be guided to an excellent pub where you can purchase lunch and continue to learn more about the Local’s view of Amsterdam
- Tips, insights and suggestions for best places to visit, eat and shop
- Visits to selected shops and cafes
- A walk through the canal district that excels at people watching
Duration: 4-5 hours
Availability: Year round
Difficulty level: Easy
Meals: Any meals & refreshments on your own
Requirements: Involves walking and stairs
Equipment Recommended:Comfortable footwear
Max # of people allowed: 8